Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My First Funeral

I officiated my first funeral today. It was the funeral
of probably my best friend in the congregation, Mack Bowles.
He was 82, a dear friend, and a great warrior for Christ. I hope
I did my best to please the family and honor my friend.
Everyone told me that I did a good job - I appreciate their
comments. I even had one person tell me that he was ready to die so
that I could do his; another lady told me that I could do hers as well.
If it all the same, I don't think I want to lose any more friends
right now...

JC

4 comments:

The Ponderer said...

I know that had to be rough. There will be others though. It is the only way most of us will get to the other side. Unless, of course, he comes before we go! :)

patty said...

I know it was a hard day for you and our church family. I wish I could of attended the service. I'm sure your words were well chosen. Mack was a good Christian man, always had something to say and a smile that would melt your heart. He will be miss greatly, but he is no longer suffering.Thanks to God for sending you and your family to us, Blessings to you all.
Love in Christ
Patty

Jimmy Clare said...

Ponderer..

I am fine with that last option as well. It wasn't that bad, however. I was just glad I got to talk about my friend.

JC

Jimmy Clare said...

Patty,

Thank you for these words. Mack was one of my best friends - and you are right about the smile! See you Sunday...

JC