Tuesday, May 20, 2008

STEEL TOE SHOES OR SANDALS?

When I was a technician at the Tulsa Bus Plant for many years, we were required to wear steel toe shoes at work. Why? I found out a few times when I decided to break the rules - something can fall on your foot and it really hurts. Imagine if I had wore sandals to work - my exposed toes would have been smashed, stepped on or lost for good...

I have a fear of having my toes stepped on, how about you?
I do not mean by a forklift or fellow employee; I mean by the Word of God...
Not a day goes by that something doesn't pierce me, break me or enlighten me to new understanding - sometimes it makes me uncomfortable...
I worry sometimes that my sermons will do the same - that the ones who I have been commissioned to inspire and teach will leave with bruised toes.

But isn't that why Paul tells us to have our feet "shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace" (Eph. 6:15, KJV)...If we would start wearing better shoes (BIBLE), maybe our feet wouldn't hurt so bad on Mondays anymore.
I think it's time to put away the sandals!

JC

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, nice to find your blog. Mine's at www.diggersnew.blogspot.com

BigBen369 said...

hey check out my biog at bigben369.blogspot.com