Friday, May 16, 2008

WHAT THINGS REALLY MATTER

I was driving Thursday somewhere in the direction of Siloam Springs, when I noticed something in the middle of Highway 412. A small, Elmo stuffed animal...it looked as if it has seen better days - dirty, grimy, used up. I wondered how long ago it was a child begged and pleaded for that toy - parents fought thru other parents in the wee hours of the Friday after Thanksgiving, grandparents driving to the next state to get the prize...How important that small little item was only to be ran over by semis and sedans - I drove by today and saw it on the side of the road - practically on its last leg. Isn't amazing what we chase yet are so afraid to chase the will of God?
We will spend time, money, and savings for the toy, video game, and fishing boat, but spending the effort to seek the things of God aren't as necessary. I understand, I think, what Jesus meant by seeking treasures that moth and rust can't destroy...I think that I know what Paul meant we he said not to get too excited about anything - It may just end up in the middle of 412 someday.
My prayer is that I chase Godly things and get excited about those instead...

No comments: