Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Morning

There is just something different about Sunday morning.
I guess attending church every Sunday since I was a little
guy has programmed me to be worshipping at some place
come the first day of the week. But I feel like it is more than
just a traditional or habitual practice on my part...I feel like
this is the day set aside to remember and fellowship with God.
- Learning and/or teaching others God's Word
- Singing praises to Him, telling Him how much we are thankful
- Breaking the bread/Partaking of the fruit of the vine...always
mindful of what the cost really was
- Offering a portion of God's goodness and blessings back to Him
- FOR ME - preaching God's Word - trying to help someone in
their walk.
- The union of saints, the fellowship of believers

These all play a part in my love for Sunday. Being a Christian is
for sure a Monday thru Sunday job, do not get me wrong. But
this is the day we get participate with others in worshipping the
Almighty. What a privilege!

JC

1 comment:

The Ponderer said...

I appreciate your post this morning. I found your site based on the comments left this morning on my Saturday blog. Would love to correspond. Email meif you would like, robb_clanton@hughes.net.